Assists in the management and oversight of the design and animation process for motion graphics that include any or all of the following: broadcast show package graphics, station and show promotions, web and other projects as assigned.
Greater New York City Area
Feb 23, 2023
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conceptualize, design and create graphics and animations for any or all of the following: Broadcast news, sales, programming, promotion and web as assigned.
- Designs storyboards which present a design concept using advanced graphics and animation tools and techniques, video and film shoots, stock imagery and photography and special effects.
- Animates own designs or client driven designs using tools such as 2D animation, 3D animation, dedicated broadcast production equipment and special effects.
- Organizes and pitches presentations of creative concepts and production techniques.
- May manage graphics resources, including contract workers in meeting delivery schedules for creative work.
- Meets project budget goals.
- Leads communication with internal or external clients.
- Visualizes creative ideas and verbalizes ideas to internal or external client.
- Creates project materials within an assigned basic design and look.
- Collaborates with freelance animators on assigned projects.
- Works with client throughout the production process making sure they are satisfied with the project.
- Researches and provides recommendations on technical software and hardware tools for the department.
- Draws storyboards illustrating progression of animation.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience with 2D and 3D animation
- Previous graphics graphic and art production work with background in TV desired
- Experience in live news broadcasts and quick delivery of deadline driven graphics
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient with one or more software programs.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods via visual media.
- Experience with web applications.
- Knowledge of design art and techniques.
- Must have strong design skills and able to generate a project from concept to completion or work in concert with others.
- Ability to apply artist skills including color theory, shape balance, and lighting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines.