The Line Producer is the master strategist for production. The LP is responsible to facilitate the creative process while delivering the movie on time and within budget.
The LP ensures that the schedule, budget and scope are in alignment with studio directives and initiatives. The Line Producer partners with the Director on their creative vision for the movie, and creates a roadmap for the production to realize that vision.
Key responsibilities include, schedule, budget, operations, resource and staff planning and management, as well as crew communication. Working with show leadership, the LP helps ensure ever changing creative appetite stays in sync with budget & schedule realities. The Line Producer is accountable for delivery of high quality production images within budget and on schedule.
- Partner with the Director in creating the vision for the feature.
- Create budget and schedule productivity assumptions that are in line with the production’s creative goals.
- Establish a culture and environment where the crew is empowered to do their best work.
- Partnering with creative leadership, offer complexity solutions that manage scope and maintain creative vision.
- Responsible for the master schedule, production strategy, and budget.
- Manage and mentor the PM and appropriate Heads of Department.
- Create priorities for the creative feed.
- Partner with the Animation Service Studio, communicating high level goals, milestones and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word , Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel), Shotgun, and Google Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear manner
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work proactively and independently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Outstanding leadership and teambuilding experience
- Preferred experience is a minimum of 5 years as a Production Manager within Feature Animation or equivalent