MSNBC is looking for an Anchor Production Assistant for the dayside 11AM show with host Craig Melvin.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
This is a staff with end date position for 6 months.
- Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
- Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
- Print scripts for anchors and build updates
- Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
- Schedule and book travel and meetings
- Organize and schedule meeting and interviews
- Maintain and process expense reports
- Respond to correspondences
- Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air when needed
- Oversee the airing of all graphic elements in control room during live program when needed
- Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
• At least one year of news production experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Excellent knowledge of politics, history and current events.
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred.