The DeKalb Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Commission, a division of Decide DeKalb Development Authority, seeks to hire a consultant for administrative support functions.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jul 08, 2022
The selected consultant will have experience working with public organizations or in the entertainment industry.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Provides administrative support at the pleasure of the Decide DeKalb Development Authority Board and President. Their work will be overseen by the Director of the DeKalb Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Commission. The consultant will provide services to Decide DeKalb on a competent and timely basis, and in a manner sufficient to accomplish its established purposes and work plan to stimulate and promote economic development throughout the county. The support services will include but not be limited to:
- Assists Director with the development and implementation of the DeKalb County Entertainment Strategic Plan, management of Entertainment Commission board, compilation of various progress reports, impact data, training programs, government relations, community engagement, industry relations and office management services.
- Responsible for finance related activities; processes requisitions, maintains accounting data and other related material; prepares and maintains various budget reports.
- Responsible for Commission board management; meeting files, agendas, minutes, board member files, reports, and historical records.
- Manages Director calendar and office event calendar and other related services as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- Responsible for office management and other related services as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- Performs customer service functions as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- Serves as back-up film permit coordinator in facilitation of film permits and supports Production Manager and Locations Manager or other consultants or Decide DeKalb staff as needed.
- Assist in development and implementation of office programs and initiatives as detailed in separate consultant contract.
- May supervise or direct the work of temporary support staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Some weekends and holidays may be required as well as in-state and out-of-state travel that will require overnight stays.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; three (3) years of experience performing work related to the described duties; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Proficient using MS Office and QuickBooks
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Experience working for city, county, or state government preferred
- Ability to interpret policies, regulations, legislation and accurately explain to others