NBCUniversal has an exciting opportunity for a talented Administrative Assistant to join the team. The Administrative Assistant will play an important role in ensuring that our office runs smoothly and provides support to operational leader(s) and their teams.
NBCUniversal has an exciting opportunity for a talented Administrative Assistant to join the team. The Administrative Assistant will play an important role in ensuring that our office runs smoothly and provides support to operational leader(s) and their teams. This is a highly visible role that requires excellent communication skills, a client-service orientation, high attention to detail, and diligent follow-up. The ideal candidate is a team player who is also solutions-focused, with the ability to anticipate and solve problems before they arise.
- Under minimal supervision, provide all advanced and confidential administrative duties to assist operational leaders, including (but not limited to) calendar management, phone coverage, travel arrangements, expense reporting, and P-Card reconciliation.
- Multi-task and handle competing priorities for multiple executives.
- Be a self-starter, work independently, and seek out answers and/or resources on your own
- Build working relationships that are necessary to operate effectively within NBCUniversal and the industry liaisons that the department participates in
- Work with technical professionals and to coordinate activities with other executive administrative assistants. Must be able to project a professional presence to employees, clients and industry members.
- Serve as the eyes and ears and occasional proxy for the VP’s; Perform department business while maintaining strict professionalism.
- Arrange and schedule numerous meetings involving many top tier executives, both internal and external, who may be in different divisions and time zones
- Pace, maintain and update calendars and contacts across all functional teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with executives and assistants throughout the department, division and company
- Demonstrate flexibility, patience and persistence in routinely rescheduling meetings and appointments.
- Organize and arrange travel: must have the ability to handle constantly changing travel, occasionally after hours and on weekends. maintain and organize travel documents, and keep accurate and timely expense account record
- Draft, type and proofread, letters, memos, presentations, spreadsheets and other ad hoc documents
- Organize and maintain files for ongoing projects
- Handle general office and administrative tasks including but not limited to supply orders, new hire onboarding, facilities, IT and AV support requests
- Assist other members of the department as needed and provide back up support for the Executive Assistant where needed
- Plan, budget, organize and execute team onsite and offsite events
- Conduct internet and other research as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing business environment
- Work seamlessly across all lines of business and develop an understanding of organizational alignment to be able to prioritize meetings and projects during time-sensitive periods
- Must maintain and ensure strict confidentiality
- Additional duties and over time as requested
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative role
- Strong business acumen
- Strong computer skills and knowledge are required, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Work, Excel, Teams)
- Solid understanding of media industries
- Knowledge of all basic office equipment
- Concur knowledge
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Aggressive self-starter who is exceptionally resourceful, detail oriented and well organized
- Strong team-player and positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and collaboration across multiple business units
Remote Workers: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.
Salary range: $45,000 - $58,500