As the Accounting Assistant, you are responsible for maintaining the company’s accounts payable and receivable records. Temporary Position (June 2023 - January 2024)
Greater Atlanta Area
May 16, 2023
Jun 12, 2023
As the Accounting Assistant, you are responsible for maintaining the company’s accounts payable and receivable records.
- Establish and maintain vendor records and contract requirements including maintaining records of W9s from vendors & reviewing contracts to confirm correct billing from vendors.
- Data entry into the accounting system and/or expense approval system to post bills for payment.
- Communicate & follow up with managers on expense approvals for posting.
- Assist with payment of accounts payable by preparing pick list of payment selections to be paid.
- Collect check payments received from the mail room forwarding payments to a bank lockbox via Fedex.
- Monitor bank accounts for incoming deposits by check payment, ACH or wire.
- Record deposited amounts in Sage intacct allocating the payments to the appropriate invoices being paid.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management
- Ability to work independently or as a team player and be a self-starter
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to bring proposed solutions to issues rather than solely present the problem.
No travel required
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
Preferred Education and Experience
2 or more years of related work experience
- Prolonged period sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.