As an intern, you will assist the ABC Signature Post-Production and Production teams as they manage pilots and series in various stages of development, and you will gain a closer look into the logistical development and daily maintenance of shows for Network, Cable, and New Media.
ABC Signature is a leader in the development, production and strategic distribution of entertainment content across television and emerging digital platforms. The studio is a content provider for the ABC Entertainment Group, HULU, Disney+, Freeform and Amazon, among others, having produced multiple seasons of hit series, including “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Station 19,” “Bad Sisters,” “A Small Light,” “This Fool,” “The Rookie,” and its spinoff, “The Rookie: FEDS.”
A Day in the Life…
As an intern, you will assist the ABC Signature Post-Production and Production teams as they manage pilots and series in various stages of development, and you will gain a closer look into the logistical development and daily maintenance of shows for Network, Cable, and New Media. This opportunity can lend itself to a brief show-level experience and one-on-one time with ABC Signature executives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learning the day-to-day process of managing production & post-production on series from the corporate side of the business through development, prep, production and post-production.
- Get familiar with and maintain production related documents required for filming.
- Opportunity to work with the Studio Coordinators, Production and Post-Production Executives, and shadow specific projects.
- Develop and present, with guidance from the intern team, a special project to the Production and Post-Production Executives and Coordinators at the completion of the internship.
- Attend and help set up internal studio meetings and meetings with our productions.
- Desk coverage: answering phones, managing schedules, scheduling meetings as needed.
- Administrative and office duties including ordering supplies, processing Start Paperwork, general document distribution, and maintaining production documents.
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite
- Prior internship or job experience in an office environment
- Strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- A passion for production and post-production
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and prioritize
- Proven organizational skills while ensuring attention to detail
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Senior-level standing or a recent graduate (within 6 months)
- Previous internship experience within a related field
The pay rate for this role in California is $21.70 per hour.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is an onsite position -- Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Burbank, California area.
- Program length -- The approximate dates of this internship are September 2023 through December 2023.
- Work details -- Must be able to work full time hours (approximately 40 per week) Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm PT for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.