• Attend story brainstorms and pitches to both contribute to and facilitate the Promo Director’s vision within the scope of the feature film for each piece.
• Using storyboards and script for initial guidance, cut storyboards together with dialogue, sound effects and music to establish timing and continuity of each commercial, toolkit, interstitial, etc.
• Work with the Promo Director and the Layout TDs to determine how to translate storyboards into layout and subsequent animation.
• Attend scratch and production dialog recording sessions as well as sound design reviews to advise direction.
• Add new animation and lighting as they become available, replacing storyboards to review with the Promo Director. Update the pieces to reflect decisions from each review.
• Act as a mentor and oversee the Promo Editorial Assistant in technical procedures as well as Promo Editorial setup and optimization.
• Work as needed with external partners (agencies, post houses, mix stages, etc.) to share media and cut information.
• Work nimbly with a small team. Examples of this would be spontaneous recording of scratch dialog directly into the Avid, expanding music searches and sources to outside of Pixar, and thinking outside the box to solve creative and technical problems that are specific to toolkit and commercial work.
• Experience in the creative and technical aspects of film editorial work in feature films or television.
• Must know the process of creating films from start to finish, through post-production.
• Must have accumulated storytelling skills in conjunction with a solid aesthetic sensibility,
good pacing, and judgment.
• Experience cutting dialogue.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Works well as a team player.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME
Please tell this employer you found the listing at Productions.com