NBC News is looking for a 3D Specialist working proficiently in Unreal Engine.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 26, 2022
The 3D Specialist is responsible for building and integrating real-time visualizations using Unreal for daily production for NBC News and related networks.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate problem solver with a strong design and technical background working in Unreal Engine.
- Collaborates with 3D Specialists, real-time artists, art directors, engineers, developers, and other production staff to bring ideas to fruition using Unreal Engine and other tools.
- Creates blueprints and/or scripts to provide external control functionality of Unreal projects.
- Works with 3D and Real-time Specialists to create high quality photorealistic virtual environments.
- Contributes to the creation, maintenance, and expansion of new broadcast workflows using Unreal Engine by assisting in the integration of plugins, settings, control applications, external data integration, camera tracking, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with Unreal Engine
- Strong technical and creative background with functional understanding of blueprinting, plugin creation, or understanding of C++ inside Unreal Engine
- Experience working in Substance 3D Designer
- Ability to multitask, work independently and collaboratively in a professional organization
- Strong communication skills with the ability to set expectations and keep stakeholders informed
- Ability to work well under pressure, take direction and respond professionally to feedback
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment, working in tandem and taking direction
- If needed, can be a strong delegator with effective communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with varied deadlines, in a fast-paced production design environment
- Desire to stay ahead of current trends in virtual production and real-time graphics
- Comfortable sharing skills with peers and working in a learning environment.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY when required
- Must be willing to work extended hours, on weekends and with short notice
- Understanding of news production and experience in the broadcast environment
- Experience with Virtual 3D productions in green screen or XR environments