Marvel Studios Animation has an exciting opportunity for Character Modelers to join the team on an episodic series.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
As a Modeler at our studio, you will build complex 3D models including organic characters and prop models. You'll work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
• Character modelers work with polygonal topologies to create highly-stylized and appealing characters with their associated props.
• Collaborate with downstream departments to meet their technical needs.
• Address direction and feedback from Supervisors, Art Directors, and Directors
May be doing work converting Zbrush models into Maya pipeline as well as creating models from scratch
Need to be comfortable in Maya and Zbrush
• Experience creating complex character models
• Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
• Stays aware of new modeling tools and industry standards for modeling
• Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models/sculpts
• Knowledge of facial blend shape targets
• Collaborative mindset in working with and addressing feedback as well as direction from Model Supervisor and Art Director
• Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy
• Experience with traditional sculpting
• Experience with character rigging
• Experience with texture/shading
• Scripting (Python) background
-Ability to model BG elements a plus
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close up of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling preferred