The 3D Animator must master critical thinking, creative strategy and design. They will focus primarily on brand, motion, and experiential deliverables.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 04, 2023
The 3D Animator must master critical thinking, creative strategy and design. They will focus primarily on brand, motion, and experiential deliverables. This includes development of main titles, in-show graphics packages, and custom “see-and-say” explainer animations for brands such as Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune, plus other brands in various stages of development. This position reports directly into the Creative Director of the Game Shows Social & Digital team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- 3D Animator conceptualizes and executes strategic design solutions for Sony Pictures Television - Game Shows, inclusive of existing IP and developing shows.
- Must have a strong animation foundation, and excellent motion skills, with the versatility to work across multiple platforms and media.
- This is a resourceful self-starter, and an adept leader who also works well within a team.
- Someone with the ability to see projects from concept through execution with minimal supervision.
- This role is expected to be an effective liason between various groups within Sony Pictures Entertainment, as well as external agencies and vendors.
- Animator should exhibit strong business acumen, plus a deep-rooted understanding of broadcast deliverables, and usage.
- This Animator relishes collaboration and growth, and is also able to receive and provide creative direction effectively.
- They have the ability and focus to advise motion designers, vendors and creative staff, in addition to their other duties.
- The 3D animator will explore untested and unique approaches to creative solutions, pushing the craft as well as the department forward while meeting all project and scope requirements.
- Must have outstanding C4D skills, Photoshop, AE, and compositing expertise with strong sense of typography.
- Proficient knowledge of various social platforms preferred.
- Agency experience a plus.
3D Animator is punctual, thoughtful, and a great communicator. Someone who knows how to manage assets, understands delivery, and can archive projects accordingly. They will maintain an efficient workflow and process, and promptly communicate any issues regarding design and production to management. Accurately document work-related information via work orders, etc. Work hand-in-hand with Production and Operations to ensure timely delivery of all projects and deliverables.
They show a clear willingness to take on responsibilities outside of their job description, with the ability to pivot quickly and respond to varying business demands in a fast-paced environment. Always presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers. Continuously exhibits an innate sense of curiosity. Maintains familiarity with current culture, design and marketing trends, social platforms, and the relevance of fans and audiences.
Work Experience Requirements
- 6-8 years in design and production (broadcast, digital, print, experiential)
- Expert proficiency using Cinema 4D and Adobe CC
- Prolific storyteller
- Strong proficiency in branding initiatives
- Passionate about original, acquired and library content, social, events and global branding initiatives
- Experience in storyboarding narratives, concept creation and production execution
- Experience in live action, 2D animation, 3D and VEFX, compositing, sonic branding
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of social platforms.
- Expertise in brand
- Bachelor Degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design or Film
- Creativity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task,
communication skills, time management and prioritization skills a must.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $98,200 to $119,400.