This internship will begin on June 5 and run through August 11. Interns will be placed at TEGNA stations around the country. Assist producers and editors in creating engaging content for all our online platforms.
This internship will begin on June 5 and run through August 11. Interns will be placed at TEGNA stations around the country.
What Will You Be Doing as a Producer (Digital) Intern?
- Assist producers and editors in creating engaging content for all our online platforms
- Produce engaging content for all digital and social media platforms
- Pitch ideas or feedback on stories, production formats, and content under review
- Conduct research relative to content development, best practices, and other topics of interest
- Leverage social media and other tools to understand the audience’s needs
- Shadow digital producers in the day-to-day production of digital content including attending meetings, having group and one-to-one conversations with producers and writers, and scheduled meetings with other content creators and stakeholders
- Many of our interns have transitioned to full-time roles within our newsroom. We are looking for rising journalists who embody TEGNA’s curiosity to create meaningful content, spirit to innovate, willingness to identify new opportunities and are passionate about learning.
How is this Internship Different?
- TEGNA believes in talent development. As part of TEGNA, you will have the opportunity to participate in career development sessions designed to help launch your career
- You will have meaningful work assignments that you can immediately include on your resume and your professional portfolio
- You will network and build relationships with media professionals
- You will receive support and mentorship to meet professional goals, accelerate your learning and hone your writing and storytelling skills
- Our internships are paid
- In your application, please include: your resume, a cover letter why TEGNA and what you can bring to the TEGNA newsroom, any published stories
- You are a current junior or senior at a US college/university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are studying journalism, communications, or a related field
- Solid news judgment with an understanding of journalistic standards and editorial ethics
- Experience with publishing platforms, current digital and social media technologies and SEO best practices
- Prior experience in fact-checking, reporting, writing, and editing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to work calmly under deadlines and in breaking news situations
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.